Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Vermont---Here We Come!!

Today was a travel day...with school done in the truck as we traveled along. We HAD to make one important stop prior to arriving to our campground in Jay, Vermont...can anyone say "ice cream for lunch!!". To be completely honest (and I know I will get some gasps when I say this), but I have never had Ben and Jerry's ice cream before :-(. It has always been too expensive for such a small amount of ice cream that wouldn't feed my husband in one sitting, much less the rest of the five of us, so I have never bought it. "But when in Vermont, do what Vermontans do!!". So a tour of the Ben and Jerry's factory was just what this ice cream lover ordered! I now understand what the fuss is all about...Oh My Goodness, This Stuff Is Way-Good!! So we decided to have a family science experiment...what B & J flavor do you love best?? We purchased 3 pints (Cherry Garcia, Triple Carmel Chunk, and Peanut Putter Cup) for our first round of experiments, all of us tasted and ranked them, and here are the results so far....in order from most to least favorite:

John's choices...Cherry Garcia, Peanut Butter, Carmel

Holly's choices...Peanut Butter, Carmel, Cherry Garcia

Madeline's choices... (same as mom's)

Paige's choices....Cherry, Carmel, Peanut Butter

Luke's choices...Carmel, Cherry, Peanut Butter

Lila's choices... ( same as Paige's)

 

We will keep you posted as our experiment continues!! Blessings to you all from all us lions who are enjoying Vermont already!! Sweet dreams, Lioness



 

My four little cuties!
 

 

Here is the official list of the B & J top selling flavors...Perhaps we can test them all before we leave Vermont?!
 

 

Yes...there IS sugar, milk and cream in these outside tanks!
 

2 comments:

  1. Been to B & J's a few times and loved it. You might stop by Cabot Cheese store for some great cheese. Trader Joe's carries it in ABQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh because we hadn't ever tried it before except once I bought two of the kids cones at one of their stores in our home town. It was crazy expensive for the two cones and I've never bought it at the grocery store either. The tour was fun though and the ice cream WAS delicious.
    I replied to your comment on our blog, but I'm not sure if you get a notification so I'm checking in here to give you my email address if you'd like to correspond as our paths get closer this winter. :O) We do think that would be fun to connect. (smcfarlane@weston-tech.com)

    ReplyDelete