Thursday, December 6, 2012

Magnolia Plantation of Charleston, SC


I was so looking forward to seeing a real, old-fashioned Southern plantation on our sabbatical and yesterday was the day for me to treasure!! We toured to Magnolia Plantation and Gardens and it was everything I'd imagined it would be!! It was absolutely enchanting...I can't even imagine how lovely it would be in the spring!! The pictures don't do it justice, but here are just a few...Enjoy!!
The romantic entrance, lined with trees that are covered with Spanish Moss


The second build of the plantation...the original was burned during the Civil War :-(


Some of the many "camellia" flowers that bloom in Nov and Dec.


A loaded pyracantha!!


More camellias
Only a few hydrangea blooms remained.




One of the several swamp lands and bridges.


Paige made me take this picture!! :-). She is missing her turtle!!
One of our favorite camellias.




Exquisite bridge and swamp.




No comments:

Post a Comment